Barcellona in piazza, Torino (Italy) Event realized for the UIA2008 Congress in Torino. Cesare Griffa is in charge of the general co-ordination, organization of the building site and the works of installation of some urban design elements selected from Santa & Cole’s catalogue by Beth Gali Office (Barcelona) (built in June 2008) Client: Santa & … Continue reading
- today I am lecturing on the #myth of #microalgae in #architecture and real applications at… instagram.com/p/BPxHew5Ahnb/ 1 month ago
- today I am lecturing on the #myth of #microalgae in #architecture and real applications at… instagram.com/p/BPxGrqmgbsu/ 1 month ago
- Sketces for #architecturestudent. I like this one: it's a #sketch for an alternative offshore… instagram.com/p/BOSpshUgjNg/ 3 months ago
- here comes the #palienish, a new #crossover #creature that combines a #panda with an #alien and… instagram.com/p/BN1FameBBzR/ 3 months ago
- Maurizio Meossi from#zahahadid architects todayin #iedtorino lecturing for our students of the… instagram.com/p/BNgj21ZBnaa/ 3 months ago
cg is an Authorized Rhino Trainer
- 166,081 hits
Cesare Griffa Architecture Lab
cesare griffa architetto
via andorno 24b, 10153 torino (italy)
t+f +39 011 839 0000
Cesare Griffa is an architect and designer based in Turin (Italy). His work explores the application of advanced generative design tools, digital fabrication techniques and algal bio technologies for the development of sustainable architecture and design. He internationally lectures on the topics of digital and sustainable architecture. Before opening his own practice in 2006, he studied at the Politecnico di Torino and the Architectural Association in London, and practiced with Zaha Hadid Architects and Arata Isozaki & Partners. He is a Fulbright fellow, and Master Coordinator at IED Torino.
Predicting a sustainable future
In the coming future, global population as well as the temperature of the planet will grow dramatically, while fossil resources will decline. There will be a need of more and more energy and food, and the necessity to reduce green house gas emissions. A designer, that is an innate specialist of future prediction because his work will happen forward in time, has to take in account these apparent limitations and use them as resources. A great responsibility towards future generations is on our shoulders, and our job is to face this amazing challenge with creativity!
Clients Portfolio includes: ArchA Spa (Turin, I), Buzzi srl (Turin, I), Carlo Ratti Associati (Turin, I), Comitato Italia 150 (Turin, I), Comune di Nichelino (I), Comune di Venaria Reale (I), Comune di Nichelino (I), DE-GA Spa (Turin, I), De’ Longhi (Treviso, I), Elle srl (Treviso, I), Fondazione per il libro, la musica e la cultura (Torino, I), IAAC (Barcelona, ES), Istituto Europeo di Design (torino, IT), MIT Senseable City Lab (Boston, USA), NITAL srl (Torino, I), Ordine degli Architetti di Imperia (I), Politecnico di Torino, Regione Piemonte, Santa & Cole (Barcelona, ES), Scuola Holden (Turin, I), Torino 2008 World Design Capital Committee (I) , Zaha Hadid Architects (London, UK).
Check out Cesare Griffa videos on the cgtv Vimeo Channel