Barcellona in piazza, Torino (Italy) Event realized for the UIA2008 Congress in Torino. Cesare Griffa is in charge of the general co-ordination, organization of the building site and the works of installation of some urban design elements selected from Santa & Cole’s catalogue by Beth Gali Office (Barcelona) (built in June 2008) Client: Santa & … Continue reading
- I am Sabba-Booth! fb.me/3BBGL0ae3 5 days ago
- Milano Fashion Week, yesterday night: crazy opening at Boscolo Hotels with fantastic vintage fashion models, and... fb.me/2LrWLP5dV 5 days ago
- Da martedi prossimo, se siete a Milano per la Fashion Week, venite al Boscolo Hotels in Corso Matteotti 30 a... fb.me/6p8c6K65S 1 week ago
- We just had an amazing photo shooting experience with great new friends Alfredo Sabbatini and the TeatroMagico -... fb.me/4E2SEQY37 1 month ago
- Manuela and Gerfried from Ars Electronica in Qatar. LillyBot enjoyed her trip to Doha :) Proud to be part of this... fb.me/3m0SKYXmZ 2 months ago
cg is an Authorized Rhino Trainer
- 120,054 hits
cesare griffa architetto
via andorno 24b, 10153 torino (italy)
t+f +39 011 839 0000
Cesare Griffa studied architecture at the Politecnico di Torino and the Architectural Association in London, and practiced with Zaha Hadid Architects and Arata Isozaki & Partners. He founded his own practice in Turin in 2006. He is a Fulbright fellow, Visiting Professor at the Politecnico di Torino and has been Visiting Scholar at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY), and at MIT Senseable City Lab (Cambridge, MA). He internationally lectures on the topics of digital and sustainable architecture. He is the author of “La Città Digitale” (Meltemi, 2008) and "Smart Creatures" (Edilstampa 2012). Current research covers parametric 3d modeling software, rapid prototyping tools, physical computing, and bio-chemicals, and explores possible applications of micro-algal bio technology for sustainable architecture and design. His project WaterLilly 2.0 is being used as a model for the realization of one of the first micro-algal facades in the world in the Expo 2015 Future Food District.
The studio-work is based on an experimental approach developed through the research activities. It offers architecture, interiors, and smart design services to a wide range of clients, and promotes and organizes workshops, exhibitions and events, involving local and international communities and students groups.
Clients Portfolio includes: ArchA Spa (Turin, I), Buzzi srl (Turin, I), Carlo Ratti Associati (Turin, I), Comitato Italia 150 (Turin, I), Comune di Nichelino (I), Comune di Venaria Reale (I), Comune di Nichelino (I), DE-GA Spa (Turin, I), De’ Longhi (Treviso, I), Elle srl (Treviso, I), Fondazione per il libro, la musica e la cultura (Torino, I), IAAC (Barcelona, ES), MIT Senseable City Lab (Boston, USA), NITAL srl (Torino, I) Politecnico di Torino, Regione Piemonte, Santa & Cole (Barcelona, ES), Scuola Holden (Turin, I), Torino 2008 World Design Capital Committee (I) , Zaha Hadid Architects (London, UK).
Check out Cesare Griffa videos on the cgtv Vimeo Channel